October 03, 2006

Coastin past the nudie bar

Wow...my first two-posts-in-one-day post. Sorry about that, all, but I just had to write this down. I ran out of gas today on my way back to SLC from Bountiful. I had pulled onto HWY 89/Beck Street going south, and I was doing about 75 to get back to work on time, when the ol' girl died on me...right about where a certain "club" sadly exists, and I thankfully coasted all the way to the Tesoro, which must be close to a mile distance. It was hilarious, 'cause I'm patting the steering wheel and saying, "C'mon girl! You can do it! Yee-haw!" That really made my day.
On a side note, don't ever buy gas from the Chevron on 700 e. and 200 s. in SLC. It's cheap gas. I know I can get more than 400 miles out of a tank, and on the last one I bought from them, I barely got 350.

3 comments:

SalGal said...

Bro, why can't you just admit you're a regular at Southern Exposure? You'll get a discount and they'll give you the "good" gas at your station there.

P.s. Say hi to Bambi, Candi and John-Boy for me.

Jim said...

They did ask when you were coming back. Business just hasn't been the same without you.

Lacey said...

Chevron?? Cheap?? I think you need to math better...although I am sure that their gas is not really gas, it's just the slime that all the CEO's comb out of their hair everyday watered down.