April 20, 2014

Watching the clouds roll by

First off, this is somewhat of a farewell post.  I'm back on the Facebook for the social stuff, but more importantly, I've found a replacement for blogging.  It's a service called OhLife, and it suits me quite well for a journal, which is actually what I've been using this blog for anyway.  That's right, driving away friends and family because of my religious and political views is just a side-benefit, one that can be more easily accomplished on Facebook. :)

Secondly, a LOT has happened in a short amount of time, so for those who are interested, here's the whole story:
Our family's goal has been to move to Missouri for quite a while now.  Recently, things at my job had taken a LARGE turn for the worse (something I actually predicted last June), and with the future of my company in serious doubt - the earnest searching began in February.  Three weeks ago I replaced my water heater and Jac had ear surgery for a perforated drum.  Two and a half weeks ago, I was offered a job in MO.  Two weeks ago, I accepted a job in MO. Twelve days ago, I picked up my car after dropping $3K on a new transmission (thanks Uncle Sam).  Eleven days ago, I listed my house for sale and put an offer on a house in MO.  Ten days ago, my car blew one or more valve seats in the engine and I didn't pull my hair out because I knew it would hurt a lot and just grow back anyway...so I sold it for $500 and cut my losses.  Nine days ago, I bought another used car with some help from family, but now I'm in debt.  Most free time since we listed the house has been spent doing little chores to make it more presentable for selling, stuff we just hadn't gotten around to fixing, weeding, etc, and I passed a 6 credit hour class at WGU after only studying for one hour - total.  This last week was spent wrapping things up for work and showing the house, and thankfully I got to celebrate my anniversary, a friend's birthday, and have a farewell of sorts before I left.  I arrived last night in MO after a 15 hour drive (starting at 3:30 in the morning), and I start my new job tomorrow!

There are two times in my life where I have looked up at the sky, seen the clouds being rushed so incredibly fast, and had the distinct thought: "Wow, God sure wants those clouds somewhere else in a hurry."  I kind of feel like those clouds right now, and I know that all these changes are His doing, and based on the faith and prayers of family and friends.  Thank you all, you know who you are.

To those that I missed in my truncated farewell, you truly will be missed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss you already! Wish you all the best with much success!

Maurice Enchel said...

Hey Jim. Just finding time to look around on the web. Congratulations on your move. Hope you enjoy the level of success you deserve.