February 05, 2011

Shield your eyes!

As promised, here are the results from my 4 Hour Body 4-week experiment:
Total Inches Lost: 11.5
Total Lbs Lost: 14.9
Total Fat % Change: ...depends.  On my cheapy little BEI scale, I lost over 3% of my fat...but then I went and got an accurate test, which put me at 30.4% body fat, but since I didn't have an accurate starting measurement, who knows?  But, now I have something to measure against as I begin including exercise as part of my fat-loss goals.

If you've been following along with my spreadsheet, you'll notice the downward trend in my fat loss.  I'm not sure why that is, but, and I'm hypothesizing here, I think I just didn't gorge enough on my binge days...I really don't know, but that first binge day made me completely sick, and so I skimped in comparison on the second one, so I think my body down-shifted my metabolism rate.  Last week, I really went "whole hog," and I stayed level at fat loss, so we'll see what the next weigh-in brings.

Also as threatened  promised, here are the before and after pics.  I've noticed a big change in my jaw line; this probably makes me the happiest, aside from going down two notches on my belt.


I'm still not happy about that spare tire going around my back there...the belly I can psychologically handle...but the back fat is just gross.

So, what's next for Jim?  Well, one of the blurbs from the book that caught my eye was in the ultra-endurance section: "5K to 50K in 12 Weeks"

Am I just that crazy?  I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, yeah...Jim...I love you man, but I could've done without seeing you in your skivvies :)

SalGal said...

I've been meaning to post this comment since I saw the post yesterday morning, but I was so scarred words would not come...

So now I want to say,

Wait, no, still scarred.